Yankees shortstop Didi Gregorius (18) turns the double play as the Red Sox's Rafael Devers slides into second base during the fourth inning at Yankee Stadium on May 9, 2018.

USA TODAY Images

Tuesday's Yankees-Red Sox Game Pushed Back To 7:05 P.M.

September 18, 2018 - 10:02 am
Categories: 

By WFAN.com

With rain in the forecast for Tuesday afternoon, the Yankees and Red Sox are pushing the start time of their game back to 7:05 p.m. The WFAN pregame show will begin at 6:25 p.m.

The game had been scheduled for 1:05 p.m., but there is as much as an 85 percent chance of thunderstorms during the day. The rain chances drop to 10 to 15 percent after 7 p.m.

The first game of the three-game series will feature two recent trade-deadline acquisitions on the mound -- J.A. Happ for the Yankees and Nathan Eovladi, a former Yank, for the Red Sox.

MORE: 10 Most Unforgettable Moments From Yankees-Red Sox Rivalry

Boston (103-47) enters the series with an 11 1/2-game lead over the Yankees for the American League East lead. The Red Sox's magic number is two, meaning they'd clinch the division championship with one win in the series. 

The Yankees (91-58) have a 1 1/2-game lead over the Oakland A's for the top wild-card spot. 

Fans holding paid tickets for Tuesday's game may use them Tuesday night or exchange them for any regular season game through the end of the regular season. Exchanges may be made at Yankee Stadium ticket windows beginning at 9 a.m. Wednesday and at all times the ticket windows are open. 

BEHIND ENEMY LINES (from WEEI in Boston)
Some Truths About The Red Sox Postseason Roster
Mookie Betts: Sore Side 'Checked Out To Be Just Fine'
So Far, So Good When It Comes To Chris Sale's Return To Rotation